[TriEmbed] Raspberry Pi idle current vs clock rate(s)

Trampas Stern trampas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 12:11:00 CDT 2023

There are other chips consuming power beyond the processor:
https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=152692

LAN
WIFI
HDMI
etc

Typically power increases exponentially with clock rate.  However I bet the
OS internally is sleeping the processor when idle, effectively dropping
clock rate. I doubt your power will drop significantly by underclocking at
idle unless you disable other chips and peripherals.

This most likely does not solve your problem but might answer
your question.

Trampas