[TriEmbed] Project advice: SmartTV hacking

Brian Chamberlain blchamberlain at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 09:49:42 CDT 2022

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone here has any TV hardware reverse
engineering experience? I have a client asking if I can pull a usable HDMI
signal off of “SmartTVs”. Basically, they want a mirror of what is on the
display panel (menus and all). Not just one TV but multiple brands/models.

Their current solution is pointing a web cam at the TV from a distance.
They’re looking for something more scalable (less space requirements,
easier setup, more TV brand selection, etc).

My answer to them at this is, “maybe and I’ll look into it”. They seem
willing to pay me to do the investigation. Which sounds like fun but I am
looking to talk with anyone who might have any experience with this or
could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
--
-Brian