[TriEmbed] Help needed on pairing embedded device to Bluetooth on Raspberry Pi Bullseye

Carl Nobile carl.nobile at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 13:26:02 CST 2022

I've done this before on the command line. Check this out and see if it
helps.
https://www.digikey.com/en/maker/blogs/raspberry-pi-wi-fi-bluetooth-setup-how-to-configure-your-pi-4-model-b-3-model-b
https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/how-to-setup-bluetooth-on-a-raspberry-pi-3/

~Carl

On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 2:06 PM Brian Chamberlain via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> Hi Warren,
> Is it this device?
> https://www.mccdaq.com/wireless-data-acquisition/BTH-1208LS-Series
>
> I don't have the Bullseye build on my Pi so I can't test this but IIRC
> Debian (and probably Bullseye) uses Bluez to manage bluetooth connections.
> Have you tried the CLI? This article looks like it might be helpful
> https://wiki.debian.org/BluetoothUser See the "Paring with CLI" section.
> I also found this article with similar instructions. But I think you can
> safely ignore the part about installing the 'pulseaudio' package.
> https://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=137635
>
> -Brian
>

> On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 12:33 PM Warren J Jasper via TriEmbed <
> triembed at triembed.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On a recent upgrade on my Raspberry Pi from Buster to Bullseye, I can no
>> longer pair with an embedded bluetooth device
>> BTH-1208LS.  The Pi sees the device in pairing mode, but when I try pair
>> with the GUI, it says pairing failed.
>> It might have something to do with legacy pairing, as the device is
>> rather old.
>>
>> If someone has insight into how Bluetooth works on the RPi and I can
>> either force pairing or find a way to
>> enter the code to initiate pairing that would be quite helpful.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Warren
>>
>> --
>> ===============================
>> Warren J. Jasper, PhD, PE
>> Professor
>> Academy of Outstanding Faculty in Extension and Engagement
>> North Carolina State University
>> Raleigh, NC 27695
>> Tel (919) 515-6565
>> Fax (919) 515-6532

>> Searchable email archive available at
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/triembed@triembed.org/

> Searchable email archive available at
> https://www.mail-archive.com/triembed@triembed.org/

Carl J. Nobile (Software Engineer/API Design)
carl.nobile at gmail.com