[TriEmbed] Does my Raspberry Pi LoRa modem board look ready to send off to OSHPark?

Brian triembed at undecidedgames.net
Fri Oct 29 10:11:11 CDT 2021

On 10/29/21 10:58 AM, jonathan hunsberger via TriEmbed wrote:
> I don't know anything about this but I think maybe that's a label (-)
> for the black part of the board. Like the (+) label on the red?
> I'm curious, what are the dots around the traces to the antenna? Solder
> pads for shielding?

All of those are UI elements, not elements of the board itself.

The thin white line is an "airwire" (terminology may vary) indicating a
connection present in the schematic that doesn't have a matching copper
trace in the PCB yet.  When you're just starting layout have lots of
them, it's called "ratsnest".

The big thin "plus" is the mouse cursor.

The dots are indicating the boundaries of the copper pour polygon.

-B