[TriEmbed] very much worse problem #2

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Thu May 13 16:29:04 CDT 2021

/(I *am* going to take this stuff to the Particle Forum in coming days).
/

/While preparing that last posting I noticed Code bitching at me about a
header file being out of sync. Then I noticed that in one of my header
files within Code some lines look like this:/

struct AMSData_struct {
   int16_t a_x, a_y, a_z, m_x, m_y, m_z;
};

typedef struct AMSData_struct AMSData;

typedef void (*voidFuncPtrUint32_t)(uint32_t);

/But in the external world of my local filesystem the same section looks
like this:/

// The two flavors of sensor event. Expectation is there will be
additional ones such as "BICYCLE_EVENT",
// "HIKER_EVENT", etc over time

enum event_enum { ACC_EVENT, MAG_EVENT };
typedef enum event_enum SISEvent;

struct AMSData_struct {
   int16_t a_x, a_y, a_z, m_x, m_y, m_z;
};

typedef struct AMSData_struct AMSData;

HOW, pray tell could these lines be different across executions of the
code IDE? Recall I'm doing every possible "flush" operation to try to
avoid any caching  of state. I made the above changes a LONG LONG time
ago, like sometime yesterday. Between then and now I stopped and
restarted code a dozen or more times. Wow, am I alarmed. Hopefully my
fingers did this while I wasn't looking, or something.