[TriEmbed] Visual Studio Code question

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 09:46:20 CDT 2021

Pete,

You nailed it. You either relent to Microsoft or choose another path. They twist and complicate in the most torturous ways. Unraveling what should be the most basic task seems monumental sometimes. The infinite support on the internet helps get through it, but it is what it is. It's productive when everything works right and you follow the prescribed methods, but dare you step out of line and you will be wishing for carpet bombs again. While I appreciate they moved to Open-Source I also recognize that they were forced into this path. Their imperialism failed but their desired Imperialist culture is alive and well. They just have to play nice now. Peace through force as the reason.

I love IDEs when they just work, they drive me insane when I have to dig in and see what the hell they are doing with what seems like a simple issue. I think you NEED IDE's when you have certain Environments like complex Java coding and complex Microsoft anything it seems. Most Microsoft Developers I know are not ignorant of command line development, but would rather die than consider it an option. But they put the time into the Ecosystem where as I do not.

Same for Eclipse and other IDE's built around complex environments. My recent jump into VS Code was positive, but about two years ago when I first tested it, I hated it. They continue to improve though. The ESPxx programing went quite well, but not perfect. I struggled when I tried to load the ESP IDF in VS Code. It did not just work, in fact I abandoned it and went with IDF as a separate install and Arduino libraries for VS Code. Pluses and minuses for both and if I worked harder I probably could have got it to work, but instead I was dreaming of carpet bombs and that it was not worth my time. `,~)

I feel your pain on IDE's it's a Love\Hate relationship.

John Vaughters