[TriEmbed] new $4 Raspberry Pi

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 09:07:34 CST 2021

Case in point, I finally delved into the ESP12-E and literally got 5 of them yesterday and loaded VS Code and platformIO for the first time and got an ESP12-E connected to my wireless network with a Modbus slave and all of that was done in 4-6 hours, which I consider to be super fast for never having used the software and hardware before. With a few more hours work, I will have a 5 min/device work load to build as many wireless Modbus nodes as I desire. All this possible due to the support of this device from the community.

So Yea! support matters.

But this Pico device could be used as stand alone electronics brain. I could see using multiple devices in a robotics setting for instance. I don't know yet, but I like the competition. Also, you could use the ESP class as a wireless access point for this device. So them keeping the cost down with no wireless makes sense, because you can add wireless quite cheaply.

My first reaction is still impressed.

I like RPI developing as much as possible. To think about 10+ years ago, gumstix had similar devices for over $100.

Perspective!!

John Vaughters