[TriEmbed] Raspberry Pi perspectives

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 15 13:43:01 CST 2021

Rodney,

Excellent example of technology deciding to give the software to the world to hopefully sell more chips. I mean I assume that is their model.

Just like Microsoft is merging with Linux. They finally relented and what happened? They became better and the stock finally rose again after a long malaise.

That model does not fit every company, but who knows, Intel recently changed CEO's just as Microsoft did. Will they embrace a new model. Hard to say.

Michael,

You are not even close to out of bounds on the charter imho. It's all good discussion. We need idealists and pragmatists. For sure technology moves forward quicker with openness, but companies have to decide how much they are willing to give out and still make their $$$. Tough choices. Many say part of IBM's decline was due to opening their PC computing hardware specs the way they did. But if they didn't would Apple have been the giant. It's all a crazy whirl of competition and money. VHS vs Beta. Need I say more. Finding that balance to stay in business by matching up the market combination that fits for the survival is very difficult. It's a Darwinian activity that's always fun to watch.

We may be skewed in our roles, but we are pointing in the same direction.

John Vaughters