[TriEmbed] talk for September"

Charles J. Lord, PE c.j.lord at ieee.org
Mon Aug 9 15:23:34 CDT 2021

Sounds great! Will this be virtual?

Would there be time for a short 'intro to the A111 radar chip' spot also?
Then if people are interested I can do a deeper dive in a subsequent
session.

Charles

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021, 3:21 PM Pete Soper via TriEmbed <triembed at triembed.org>
wrote:

> How about "A deep dive into a six axis sensor using gdb"? The gdb
> debugger is a command line debugger that can work either inside or along
> side Particle Workbench. It's "behind the scenes" a lot with ARM and
> other MPU tool chains and in this talk I would show basic operation of
> it as a side effect of exploring a nontrivial device driver for a
> relatively complicated chip. I'd also show an alternative approach to
> using hex constants for bit twiddling with these devices, lots about
> safe interrupt handling and touch on threading considerations.
>
> -Pete

> Charles J. Lord, PE
President, Blue Ridge Advanced Design and Automation
Past Chair, IEEE Western NC Section
Chair, IEEE NC Council
Chair, IEEE SoutheastCon 2020 and Steering Committee
c.j.lord at ieee.org