[TriEmbed] OT: RF questions

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Tue Sep 29 13:46:12 CDT 2020

I think it's going to be GREAT! And which end is down is perfectly
arbitrary if there's no circuit ground path to the "outside". And if it
were me I'd try it and if signal strength is poor then consider a
balun.  I didn't spend much time with the datasheet but couldn't figure
out what the transmit level is. In the old days 50mW was absolutely
kosher with FCC but now it's all about field strengths but I'm
absolutely positive no agents will parachute down if you put 50mW into a
decent antenna. But my guestimate is a fraction of that will work very
well with anything vaguely approaching line of sight to cars not too far
away.

All the best,
Pete