[TriEmbed] Subject: Triembed - Open Proposal

Scott Hall scottghall1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 14:12:34 CDT 2020

Try a AD7822 for a start.

Here is an article from Maker Pro talking about such a circuit:
/How to Make a Circuit That Detects High Frequencies: The Bat Detector!/:
https://maker.pro/pcb/projects/how-to-build-your-own-bat-detector

Also check out: /A Simple Bat Detector based shield for the Arduino Uno .../
https://duino4projects.com/simple-bat-detector-based-shield-arduino-uno/

Nuts & Volts Magazine explored bat detector circuits:
/Build A Bat Detector/: https://www.nutsvolts.com/magazine/article/june2011_berber

There was an article in Elektor Magazine of such a circuit:
/Bat detector with amplitude recovery: The main features and specifications are:/
/hybrid analogue and digital circuitry, low current consumption - less than 5 mA/
/in standby, selectable division ratio, etc./:
https://www.elektormagazine.com/labs/bat-detector-with-amplitude-recovery
plus a user reviewing the circuit: http://www.speleogroup.org/Bat_detector.html

and previously https://www.elektormagazine.com/magazine/elektor-201607/29128
and an older version https://www.elektormagazine.com/magazine/elektor-199504/33298

The preamplifier circuit you would need prior to the ADC is described here:
https://www.elektormagazine.com/magazine/elektor-141/57147

And they even made a kit available: https://www.elektor.com/bat-detector-kit

There's some thoughts in the All About Circuits forums using the right ADCs:
/Bat Detector Design/:
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/bat-detector-design.33210/

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA

/Although kindness is rarely a job, no matter what you do it's always an option./