[TriEmbed] IR remote signals

The MacDougals paulmacd at acm.org
Tue Oct 20 17:25:46 CDT 2020

See the attached scope shot.

This is one mark from a SONY remote captured by an LTR-301 IR detector.

https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Components/LTR-301.pdf

I have this device attached to an Arduino Uno and am using INPUT_PULLUP
(internal pullup on the pin).

I think that the wiggle on the scope between the cursors is the 40kHz
modulation of the signal.

The cursors cover 10 wiggles and the scope reports 4.04 kHz.

My question is why is this wiggle of such small magnitude? I was expecting
to see full voltage swing.

Is it just this particular IR detector?  Is there something in the datasheet
that would indicate this?

---> Paul