[TriEmbed] Powering ESP32 from an 8v golf cart battery

Nick Edgington nickedgington at edgingtonlabs.com
Thu Nov 19 13:16:52 CST 2020

You have a huge inductor in the motor, which will put huge transient spikes
everywhere, and that includes the places you don't want them. I am not sure
you can overdo the isolation. Al the rules apply single-point grounding, Pi
networks of L's and C's are a good start. An isolated DC-DC converter would
not be overkill.  I am sure you mention it but what is the bus voltage out
of the battery.

Nick