[TriEmbed] Need liquid flux today (Thur)

Brian triembed at undecidedgames.net
Thu Mar 5 12:43:51 CST 2020

On 3/5/20 12:22 PM, Rodney Radford via TriEmbed wrote:

> I checked work and they only have paste, but that is too thick.

The flux paste I've used (ChipQuik) thins out rapidly when heated.  If
you have a small dish into which you can dispense some flux and heat it
gently with a heat gun, it may thin out to something more usable.

Alternatively, just use the viscous paste as-is.  Unless it's too
viscous to successfully dip your wire without bending it, you'll get
"too much" but all that'll do is make a mess you can clean up with
alcohol.  I use mine at room temperature; it's in a syringe and I can
dip the wire straight into the syringe's opening.

HTH,
-Brian