[TriEmbed] wireless communications and battery life

Mark Kruse mkruse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 11:05:01 CST 2020

You may also want to consider an ESP8266 or ESP32. The low power mode
consumes almost no power. I believe the maximum sleep is 30 minutes, but if
there is nothing to do when it wakes, you simply go back to sleep. You
should also be able to wake on interrupt from the door opening, take a
picture, connect to WiFi, transmit, go back to sleep. Combine that with a
solar cell and I think your batter would last through a few rainy days as
well.

- Mark

Help stamp out and eradicate superfluous redundancy