[TriEmbed] off topic: DNS smarts in web browsers

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Fri Aug 21 08:10:53 CDT 2020

For those interested in DNS smarts in web browsers this may be of
interest:
https://blog.apnic.net/2020/08/21/chromiums-impact-on-root-dns-traffic/

One pleasant surprise I got was learning that Microsoft Edge is built on
OSS Chromium. Together with Visual Basic Code having an MIT license I
might some day change my attitude toward this corporation. Their
engineers are of course fantastic (interacted with them a bit when MS
and Sun couldn't play nice with Java), but maybe the corporation is
changing it's stripes? Anyway,  onward.