[TriEmbed] iPhone to MCU

Brian triembed at undecidedgames.net
Thu Aug 6 15:37:52 CDT 2020

I'd suggest a MOSFET instead of an SSR and switch the low-voltage side,
since you need low voltage for your circuit anyway.  A MOSFET capable of
switching 5 or 10 amps (way more than should be needed) can be had in a
TO-220 package probably for much less cost than an SSR.

For app development, you'll need a Mac and Xcode.  Join the Apple
developer network.  It's free, and includes lots of resources for app
development.  There may be 3rd-party F/OSS-friendly toolchains, but I
don't know anything about them and can only imagine they would require a
jailbroken iPhone in order to deploy the app.

Also, while this sounds like a fine educational project, I feel
compelled to point out that your iPhone is already very smart about how
it charges the battery.  That said, have fun and learn a lot!

Cheers,
-Brian