[TriEmbed] Battery Power for Projects (informal survey)

Josh Wyatt dragojdw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 12:14:17 CST 2019

Hey Rob,
I regularly use recycled 18650 Liion cells from laptop packs, as well as a
few LiFePO4 cells in 18650 form factor. I also use smaller Liion "pouch"
cells, in the 150mAh to 800mAh size. I'm just starting to play with Liion
pouch cells from older macbooks (when the batteries were externally
swappable), which seem to be 2000mAh to 2600mAh.

I suspect the most flexible will be "vaping" batteries - especially since
that industry will likely experience a crash soon, with the requisite
flooding of surplus.

Thanks,
Josh