[TriEmbed] Particle Boron Users?

Huan Truong htruong at tnhh.net
Wed Jan 23 15:40:42 CST 2019

I have used the Particle tracker for my High-altitude balloon projects
and it served me extremely well. I don't know about the new board
until now.

Don't use the web editor, the good ol' command line is great. I have
nothing but great things to say about it. The labelled headers are
amazing as well.

This is our Tracker code for the balloon. It's probably not very
updated, but I have plans to update it soon.
https://github.com/habeducation/Particle3GTracker

Cheers,
-  Huan.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 1:10 PM Alex Davis via TriEmbed
<triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> Anyone go for the Particle Boron kickstarter and get one? Anyone try it yet?
>
> Mine sat around while trying to think of a good use for my three months of free data. I had the parts to replicate the Particle Photon Asset Tracker (GPS module plus LIS3DH accelerometer), so went with this project: https://www.hackster.io/YanSarazin/particle-asset-tracker-with-mysignal-io-using-mqtt-1a853e
>
> It is working and publishing to the signal mqtt mapping site every hour. Eh kinda cool. They have a geofencing feature which can alert you if your thing moves outside a given area.
>
> The web editor is frustrating. I wanted to use the example library for the asset tracker without the LIS3DH support, but there isn't a simple way to make your own copy of the libraries. I guess you have to fork it on github and somehow make the IDE aware of it. The library seemed to have a time-out for not finding the LIS3DH on the I2C bus, but that had issues which seemed to prevent pushing new code to it until I wiped it with new firmware and ran the code with the actual LIS3DH attached. It should not have gone 'unpingable' but mine did until I re-flashed it. Not great for OTA updates.
>
> Not a very in-depth look, but I've been pretty busy with family and haven't done much embedded stuff.
>
> Alex
>
> --
> "The theater of noise is proof of our potential."
>
> You won't find me on Facebook.

Huan Truong
www tnhh.net / twitter @huant