[TriEmbed] Best way to get several composite video streams into a raspberry pi?

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 10:14:33 CST 2019

While what you are describing may be possible, I think you would hit the
limits of the RPi in both USB transfer speed and processing power fairly
quickly.

And by the time you pay for the cameras and the video->USB converters you
are already exceeding the cost of a separate RPi and RPi camera.

Seems an easier solution is just to have multiple RPIs with the RPi camera
stationed at any position you need video, each processing their own video
stream and then networked together to one location to display whatever
data/video you want to display.

Or is the issue that you want to use a prebuilt camera in a housing
designed for the purpose you have in mind? Seems it would be relatively
easy to build a mounting arrangement per each RPi and camera to position
wherever you need it.

They could also store data off on a separate hidden RPi + SD card so that
if the RPi and camera is stolen, you have data backup on the hidden RPi.