[TriEmbed] long overdue legal distinction between "engineer" and "board certified professional engineer"

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 07:15:42 CST 2019

May God bless those that are willing to take up the mantle for a $500 fine. I call my self an Engineer all the time, but I am not yet a certified PE and may never be. I have always wanted that title, but it comes at a price if you do not actually practice in the public realm. You have to constantly take continuing education courses, which means you waste time and money on studying stuff you don't necessarily need. Those that have never had the internet do not appreciate the effort it took to spend time at libraries searching for books to have information that is 10-30 years old. These days what you choose to study is just a finger click away and the info is deep and current. So time taken away from studying what you want is probably worth more than the cost of the course.
Thanks for sharing, I am glad logic won out and there are people willing to fight for it.