[TriEmbed] OTA updates on ESP8266

Alex Davis alexd at matrixwide.com
Tue Feb 26 13:49:55 CST 2019

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019, at 2:40 PM, Jon Wolfe wrote:
> Particle.io has a decent system for managing ota updates. It's not without
> quirks, but it's got some nice bells and whistles. Of coarse then you are
> committed to particle's platform, and all of it's quirks. I've only ever
> used it with the (cellular) electron, I've not used it with the (wifi)
> photon (still have the one I got at triembed a few months ago on my desk
> waiting for my son and I to come up with a project for it.)

For my application, I don't need anything more beyond "Sonoff" functionality, which has the added advantage of being an already-complete product and cheap.

I own a Particle Lepton. I have found it completely unusable in terms of reliability. I've not tried the electron. For my intended application, WIFI is adequate.

Alex

--
"The theater of noise is proof of our potential."

You won't find me on Facebook.