[TriEmbed] thoughts on LoRaWAN

Kevin McClaning mcckevin at mcclaning.com
Thu Feb 7 07:59:08 CST 2019

I have played around with the Semtech SX1262 and SX1276 ICs. They handle
most of the unpleasant physical layer stuff by themselves (e.g.
generating/checking CRCs, generating the spread spectrum waveforms,
detecting preambles, etc). On the transmit end, you just hand them your
data. At the receive end, they interrupt you when they have a packet
ready for you. You still have to handle all the higher-level OSI stack
stuff yourself. I image that's where the LoRaWAN stuff comes in but I
don't know much about that.