[TriEmbed] Coffee roaster

Brian triembed at undecidedgames.net
Wed Oct 24 12:19:59 CDT 2018

Sorry for the flooding; I'm a bit absent-minded today...

On THIS point:

> Oh. I searched digikey and it said this is obsolete:
> https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=S216S02

Assuming you're in the Triangle area (and not in a >200 VAC country),
you don't need to source an SSR for 220 VAC.  Find one with similar
trigger characteristics that can handle the necessary power (as
indicated on the popper's label) at 120 VAC.

Or just use a mechanical relay.  I don't think the design is applying
PWM to the heater, so you don't absolutely need the SSR's faster
response.  Of course then you'll need an appropriate MOSFET circuit for
the relay coil.

HTH,
-Brian