[TriEmbed] ESP & Micropython

alex at matrixwide.com alex at matrixwide.com
Wed Oct 10 15:59:58 CDT 2018

Anyone using an ESP board with Micropython in a project? I’m trying to port something written for the Raspberry Pi to Micropython. Code-wise it is a trivial port, but my ESP8266 does not have enough free RAM to run it. Yes, I am too lazy to port it to C++, and speed isn’t an issue.

I want to keep it cheap and available, so I am now looking to ESP32. I know is it more under development than ESP8266, but I think again, simple GPIO and network is working fine in micropython.

Any suggestions? I was thinking something like this as a start: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP32-WROVER-IPEX-Development-Board-with-4MB-PSRAM-WiFi-Bluetooth-Low-Pow-New/232942468720 <https://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP32-WROVER-IPEX-Development-Board-with-4MB-PSRAM-WiFi-Bluetooth-Low-Pow-New/232942468720>

4 MB of RAM is probably overkill but it will at least remove that stumbling block for now.

Thanks,
Alex