[TriEmbed] Rigol DP711 update

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Wed Nov 28 12:32:26 CST 2018

I notified Tequipment of the report of a power-on transient in the Rigol
DP711. They responded they thought there was a firmware update to do
with this but also immediately contacted Rigol. RIgol quickly responded,
confirming there is still a turn on transient but it's limited to 1.7
volts. I'd decided for my applications this won't affect me and was
going to order one, but then noticed it takes three firmware options to
get full functionality and that made the price unreasonable to me for a
single channel supply. What's extremely attractive about this PS is that
it offers an SCPI interface via a simple serial interface. So you can
send simple commands to control the supply and get its current settings
and it's actual output voltage and current, etc without complex
software. I'm going with a different choice from Tequipment and if it
pans out I'll share about it if there is any interest.

-Pete