[TriEmbed] TriEmbed Digest, Vol 58, Issue 41

Alex Davis alexd at matrixwide.com
Fri Mar 30 12:42:18 CDT 2018

> My daughter's grad school plans have brought my un-retirement process
> into sharper focus, and the value-add proposition I'd promised myself
> for some ex-Radioshack stock hasn't panned out yet, so the time for this
> is now.

The best 8-bit library I have seen for these is PDQ_ILI9341.h. Even then, do not expect lightning-quick full-screen redraws using an AVR board. They struggle to update 320x240 @ 18 bbp. ILI9341 does has the ability to change the display RAM start address, so you can achieve hardware side-scrolling. You could probably do a side-scroller game by moving the background via hardware and then only re-drawing your character.