[TriEmbed] DX Extreme order adventure notes

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Wed Mar 28 15:26:05 CDT 2018

On 03/28/2018 02:51 PM, Glen Smith wrote:
> Pete,
>
> In my various orders from China I have found that different tracking
> websites work better for some numbers over others. I don't know which
> ones you have attempted, so I will post the two that I usually use,
> plus an extra I found referred to on my flashlight forum:

The number for the tiny box with a single camera in it is
LP00095080493668 and I tried all three below:

> https://www.17track.net/en
not found
> https://packageradar.com/
hallucinated the package has been in transit 20 days and the last
location update was received today
(the package, according to dx.com, was "shipped" on the 10th. It (the
box with the one camera) appeared in my mailbox on the 21st and had USPS
label and had obviously come from Kentucky)
> http://www.track-trace.com/post
not found.

Like I said, I beat the Internet bushes. :-)

> Sometimes you need to click into the proper carrier (which is hard
> when you don't know what it is!) in order for the tracker to find it.
I was convinced the LP code is a DX Extreme internal scheme, but if I
get them on the phone tomorrow night about the missing camera I'll try
to remember to ask. The annoying thing is they don't give a hint it's
internal and actively encourage customers to plug it into their tracker
page just as if it was valid for an existing carrier. I think DX Extreme
is simply missing a mechanism that links the LP code into the USPS system.

But lest any reader be discouraged, I've had lots of excellent results
with overseas vendor. My favorite was when PCBWay put some custom
printed circuit boards in my hands 6 1/2 days after I hit "upload" to
give them my CAD file. But, as the saying goes, you get what you pay
for, and for that IEEE paid $21.