[TriEmbed] [TAR] [TAR Meeting Monday Apr 2nd, 2018 at 7pm - NCSU EB1 1007]

Mahesh Balasubramaniam maheshba at ieee.org
Sat Mar 24 15:08:12 CDT 2018

Friends,

We are having our regular IEEE R&A monthly meeting on April 02, 2018 at 7pm
(6:30 pm for pizza) in 1007 NCSU Engineering Building 1.  The subject will
be

"DaleKen - IEEE ENCS Autonomous Navigational Mobile Humanoid Robot Project"

Please refer to the registration link below for more details.
registration link :

https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/170420

Based on our IEEE R&A mission and vision of creating in-house IEEE member
experts in Robotics and Automation, our team had triggered "DaleKen - IEEE
ENCS Autonomous Navigational Mobile Humanoid Robot Project" next phase of
humanoid project, increasing Ken’s humanoid intelligence with mobility and
further with autonomous navigational intelligence.

our IEEE Daleken has been designed with a set of simple and complex
requirements, with a long term vision of everyone from our local community
- including high school/university students, professionals, hobbyists and
seniors can take part, learn, contribute as hobbyist - design, control and
use the system in a controlled environment.

Our team primarily involving IEEE and guest members has done significant
work during after-hours at Forge Initiave premises and has created an
initial prototype version of physical Daleken with system components
involving drive wheel mechanism, basic mobility and vision system already
integrated. Daniel McDonald and team will be providing the high level
system architecture, demo and walkthrough of the entire project. Daniel is
an impressive IEEE member who has significantly, consistently contributed
to IEEE humanoid project.  Rodney Radford will briefly talk about arduino
control on the drive system and Mahesh Balasubramaniam will briefly talk
about the autonavigation related vision system architecture.

IEEE R&A chapter strongly recommends every interested IEEE member to join
and volunteer for DaleKen and humanoid project. We plan to have physical
Daleken Robot during our presentation.  We always encourage those
interested people to volunteer for opportunities in continuous integration,
calibration, optimization and autonomous navigation logic with a handful of
sensors (Ultrasonics, Lidar, IR depth camera vision, wheel encoders).

http://sites.ieee.org/encs/ra/
http://sites.ieee.org/encs-humanoid/  (sites are being updated for latest
information)

Speakers Information

Daniel McDonald, an IEEE Senior Member since 2012 and is the Artificial
Intelligence Team Lead for the ENCS DaleKen Project who cherishes
continuous innovative contribution. Rodney Radford is current IEEE ENCS
section secretary and is a senior hobbyist. Mahesh Balasubramaniam is
current IEEE ENCS R&A chapter chair & hobbyist.

IEEE ENCS RA24 chapter appreciates the passion, drive and contribution from
the team for Daleken project and wishes continued success and all the very
best to entire team.

Thank you.

Mahesh Balasubramaniam
IEEE ENCS RA24 Chair