[TriEmbed] Wireless radio communications for microcontrollers

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Wed Jul 4 12:41:00 CDT 2018

Apropos this subject, ARRL Field Day recently went by, and around that
time Chris Gammell of The Amp Hour interviewed a slew of people during
Toorcamp <https://toorcamp.toorcon.net/>, an offshoot of Toorcon that
has a very heavy radio bent although it's primarily security-oriented.
Chris is tentative and even apologetic about the unusual interview
format (e.g. interesting, but not distracting background noises,
subjects even more tangential than usual). But I think this series is
absolutely terrific. Several of the interviews are of folks at the
cutting edge of the hobby radio field (e.g. creators of HackRF).

The latter half of one interview is especially relevant for both
beginners and folks trying to teach beginners. It starts at 19:15 here:

https://theamphour.com/397-7-impedance-matching-with-jeff-keyzer-and-michael-ossmann/

Finally, although not about radio, theAmp Hour interview of Jeri
Ellsworth
<https://theamphour.com/394-jeri-ellsworth-and-the-demise-of-castar/> is
worth the time if you're interested in female role models. (and also
Chris' interview of the two hackster.io ladies sailing Chris to the camp
<https://theamphour.com/397-1-an-interview-with-monica-houston-and-alessandra-nolting/>).

-Pete