[TriEmbed] Find out about free Lego mindstorm classes tonight at the Forge Initiative

R Radford rradford at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 5 08:18:04 CST 2018

I should have sent this out before today, but there will be a meeting
tonight by the IEEE NC Council about a Lego STEM event they are sponsoring
around the state starting next year. We have purchased 9x of the Lego
Educational Mindstorm kits (#45544) and will be holding classes on building
and programming robots.  Classes are open to the public and free to attend
with the intended audience being a middle/high school student and a
guardian.If you are interested in attending a class to learn, or are
interested in attending a class to help teach, or just curious about the
program, come out to the Forge Initiative in west Cary tonight starting at
6pm.The EV3 brick actually runs Linux on it allowing you to custom install
different Linux software, or just program it with the visual logic
programming language that comes with it I will have one of the Mindstorm
kits with me at the event tonight, as well as a simple robot built from the
kit and controlled via an Android cellphone app.I hope to see you there
tonight!   If going, please follow the event URL below and sign up so we
have an idea of how many to expect.Thanx, RodneyEvent URL
<https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/182953> Title: Lego mindstorms
Introduction to Robotics starts here ! - EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA C16 CHAPTER

Date: 2018-12-05 18:00:00 America/New_York

Location:
  The Forge Initiative
  3300 Green Level West