[TriEmbed] SoutheastCon hardware competition... redux

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 00:04:10 CDT 2018

Tomorrow I head down to St Petersburg, Florida for SoutheastCon 2018 and I
am reminded of all the great help I received last year for SoutheastCon
2017. I really do appreciate it, and am constantly reminded of it when I
see how the 2018 SoutheastCon hardware competition is being managed.

After last year, I thought never again... but never is a very long time.

I will be cochair of all competitions for SoutheastCon 2020 which will be
held in Raleigh. I hope that means the other cochair will take care of all
the other competitions and I do hardware, again, which I really love.

Now the point of this email - SoutheastCon 2020 Saturday will fall on March
14th, that is 03/14, or Pi Day and that is reason enough to base a robot
competition on something to do with the number Pi, pizza pie, or apple pie,
etc.

So I am asking for suggestions on what you think would be good ideas for a
competition. Realize a competition may be several related or loosely
related pieces, so no need to fully spell out everything (unless you want).
Just a description of a single phase of the competition would be good.

I have a few ideas of my own, but don't want to distribute them publicly
yet, and I ask that you please send me your ideas in private as well (in
case spies are lurking here that may get back to the schools ahead of time).

I have a year to pull together the rules as they will be unveiled at
SoutheastCon 2019 in Huntsville next year.

So please... take a few minutes and think about a fun pie/pi related
contest and send me your ideas. I will summarize what I get and send back
to those (in private) who message me.

Now time for some sleep and catch a plane tomorrow morning... ;-)