[TriEmbed] 32u4 or ATSAMD21G18 for logger?

Alex Davis alexd at matrixwide.com
Wed Oct 11 11:41:13 CDT 2017

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017, at 11:18 AM, Josh Wyatt wrote:
> Hi Alex,
> I don't have any guidance on the low-power aspects of the ATSAMD21G18,
> but
> depending on your gyro chipset, the wake-up/interrupt stuff can be
> tricky.
> I did some with with MPU-6050 based projects, and could never get the
> interrupt-wakeup situation to behave as expected. YMMV!
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

I was planning on using the MMA8451 (because cheap and will fit under a
featherwing if cut down). There's going to have to be some sensor mode
switching between "shake" mode and "reading" mode. The Adafruit library
doesn't do it but there's another one out there which does. I'll have to
do some hacking.

A mechanical shake sensor will probably work for big leg movements, but
even the most sensitive ones need something like a finger tap and would
miss small movements.

Alex

--
"The theater of noise is proof of our potential."

You won't find me on Facebook.