[TriEmbed] 32u4 or ATSAMD21G18 for logger?

Alex Davis alexd at matrixwide.com
Wed Oct 11 07:56:21 CDT 2017

I'm going to make my movement logger tether-less and am trying to decide
on an MCU. I'm familiar with 32u4 in terms of low-power usage, but would
like to consider ATSAMD21G18 for conveniences like the built-in RTC.

Any power-related reason not to choose ATSAMD21G18? I'll be using
whatever it is in the Adafruit Feather format, since it's small and has
built-in LiPo charging. I'll be using a small 100 mAH LiPo, as I have
found that size fits well between a Feather and a stacked proto board.
This size battery *should* be enough to run all night if I come up with
something clever involving thresholds on the accelerometer and an
interrupt wake pin.

Alex

--
"The theater of noise is proof of our potential."

You won't find me on Facebook.