[TriEmbed] TriLUG Tonight! TARPN Off-The-Grid Text Messaging

Jeremy Davis jeremyhwllc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 12:36:34 CDT 2017

TriEmbed,

You are invited to join TriLUG tonight!

Over the past year we received multiple requests for Software Defined Radio
(SDR), Raspberry Pi (RPi), and Internet of Things (IOT) related topics.

Tonight we have an excellent topic that offers you a unique educational
opportunity to develop skill sets which will cascade directly into your
SDR, RPi, and IOT abilities.

Tonight you will learn about packet networking over ham radio. Based on
interest, you may also have the opportunity to get hands on experience at a
following TriLUG hack night. Plans are also in the making to provide ham
operator training sessions and licensing exams at our TriLUG Hack Night
location.

With Linux, an RPi, an antenna, and a Ham license, your devices can
communicate long range. This capability may be useful to control a device
in your back yard or to retrieve data from a weather balloon carrying a 3d
Printed TriTux penguin launched into nearspace during a solar eclipse.
Tonight's topic is a highly educational opportunity that will enable you to
do so many great things. Tadd Torberg is a wealth of knowledge. You are
sure to enjoy this meeting. We will see you there and feel free to invite
others to enjoy free pizza, free drinks, free software, (even free beer at
the same location 430pm-630pm), and most of all people who care about
freedom.

Full meeting details https://trilug.org/TARPN-Off-The-Grid-Text-Messaging

Jeremy Davis
TriLUG PR