[TriEmbed] KiCAD component value and reference?

Alex Davis alexd at matrixwide.com
Tue Jan 24 10:12:50 CST 2017

I am going through the hackaday KiCAD 'tutorial' on setting up the
ATTiny85 board and don't understand why value 'U' and reference 'V'
don't work. I should be able to type 'U' and then click on a part and
set the value, but all I get is whatever is already selected in the bar
on the right.

I can only get this to work by right-clicking a component and choosing
"Component"->"Edit Component"->"Value". What am I missing?

Alex
--
"The theater of noise is proof of our potential."

You won't find me on Facebook.