[TriEmbed] Eagle now subscription-only

Brian triembed at undecidedgames.net
Fri Jan 20 11:24:17 CST 2017

On 01/20/2017 12:01 PM, Pete Soper via TriEmbed wrote:
Where I sit this moment I'm expecting to
> buckle down and get past a lot more of the KiCad learning curve while
> coughing up $100 for Autodesk for the next year.

Don't cough up for Eagle.  If you keep Eagle around, you'll be tempted
to just use it each time you run into a hiccup with KiCAD.  Just grit
your teeth and plow through the KiCAD curve.

Maybe my boards are simpler than yours, but I've always had much better
luck (and been much more pleased with the results) routing entirely by
hand.  Maybe that's just a matter of me not knowing how to set up the
autorouter to get the best results.

Anyhoo, I made the switch to KiCAD a year or two ago, when I developed
some designs that simply could not be routed effectively in two layers.
  The scramble up the KiCAD learning curve was painful, but now that
I've got my head around it, I haven't looked back.  Plus I can sell my
work if I want to, and I've already done some tinkering with the KiCAD
source to add RDBMS component and footprint libraries.

Go get 'em!

-B