[TriEmbed] [TAR] PiTunnel

Brian triembed at undecidedgames.net
Fri Dec 8 08:12:27 CST 2017

On 12/07/2017 05:23 PM, John Vaughters via TriEmbed wrote:

> Agreed, I use non-standard ports on the public side as well, but it is
> not required. It takes next to no resources.

"Next to no" can easily become "all that your machine has" if someone
has it out for you.  "Someone" could be a script kiddie just sniffing
around for machines he can compromise.  I've never been DoSed with SSH
connects either, but why not take a simple step to lower the probability?

The other aspect is it helps cut down noise in secure-log.

$0.02,
-B