[TriEmbed] [TAR] [TAR Meeting Monday Sep 4th 2017 canceled - Centennial Campus Holiday]

Mahesh Balasubramaniam maheshba at ymail.com
Sun Aug 27 22:59:03 CDT 2017

Friends,
University being closed on Sep 4th, 2017, our regular IEEE R&A TAR meeting stands canceled for September 2017.  Please ensure safe travel during the long weekend.
We do have lineups of presentations from Duke University Robotics, Precision Hawk, Universal Robots and our own UAV hobbyist during remaining part of the year.
Daniel, from our humanoid Robotics group at Forge Initiative has just started a project on adding motion control with our existing humanoid portion, we will be adding multiple related features.  Current look and feel forecast is like a friendly Dalek from Dr. who(Who knows finally it may be as cute as pepper :).  Currently this project meeting happens every tuesday between 6:30pm to 8:30pm at Forge Initiative(3300 Green Level West Rd, Cary, NC).
http://theforgeinitiative.org/
The main objective of IEEE supporting this project is to foster the continuous learning for its members and the community, so I strongly encourage more people to make use of it and join their hands to this project.  Prior to christmas this year, we are planning to do a very small technical expo with a handful of simple gadget projects along with a barebone prototype of Dalek at Forge initiative - done by interested students/volunteers from Forge Inititative/IEEE.  Feel free to join, contribute, learn and have some science fun in the process!
Sincerely,Mahesh
Mahesh BalasubramaniamIEEE ENCS RA24 Chairmbalasu at ncsu.edu919-649-6902