[TriEmbed] iPhone 6

kschilf at yahoo.com kschilf at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 12:58:35 CDT 2016

Hi Brian,
I am ashamed to say that I caved and bought an iPhone6 for my daughter.  The Apple Force is very strong indeed among the teenage set!  :-)
The following website gives a breakdown of model #'s and carrier compatibility.  Out of the factory, the phone's radio does TDMA, CDMA, and GSM but the carriers immediately limit it based on model #.
iPhone 6 Models (A1549, A1586, A1589, A1522, A1524 and A1593) Differences
I would get the model # and IMEI/MEID # from the seller. Contact apple support to find out if the particular phone has been blacklisted by the carrier.  You will also need a SIM card.  You can buy these online for about $5-$10 or from a carrier for about $20.  Verizon who gave us a "free" SIM card in exchange for the future annuity.  :-)

My wife and I each have second hand Android devices that work fine.  Warning though, cell phones get a lot of physical abuse.  Hopefully, the original owner has kept it in a case and not thrown in the back of the truck or in a back pocket.  :-)
Good Luck!Kevin

|   |
iPhone 6 Models (A1549, A1586, A1589, A1522, A1524 and A1593) Differences
 Apart from choosing between iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, we also have to deal with different model numbers like A...  |   |