[TriEmbed] [Splat Space] Opinion: best schematic drawing software

Jeremy Davis jeremyhwllc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:59:18 CDT 2016

I strongly agree with Brian about CAD software being superior in the long
run. KiCAD looks nice!

It is actually on my todo list to stoke up interest in open source CAD
software talks for an upcoming TriLUG meeting. Since 3dHubs came online, it
is really convenient to find people to print designs locally which is
awesome if you know how to create designs. Anyone interested in speaking at
TriLUG on this topic, feel free to send an email to steering at trilug.org

Jeremy

On Tuesday, September 13, 2016, Brian via TriEmbed <triembed at triembed.org>
wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> I must strongly recommend against heading down the path of using graphics
> software to do electronics work, and instead recommend learning an actual
> electronics CAD package.
>
> Right now you don't need advanced electronics features, but down the road
> you might.  If you learn an electronics CAD tool now, you'll be in decent
> shape when you want more features.  If you learn a graphics tool now,
> you'll have a bunch of useless stuff when it comes time to take it farther
> down the road.
>
> Others have already provided links to lists of electronics CAD packages.
> I use Eagle and KiCAD.
>
> Cheers,
> -B
>
> <snip>