[TriEmbed] TriEmbed Digest, Vol 36, Issue 4

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Wed May 4 13:46:11 CDT 2016

OK, I dug for a minute and found this:

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0475c/BAJFHFDI.html

If we click on the right side-middle link "ISO C Features missing from
microlib" the list is available. If " |#pragma import(__use_full_stdio)"
|is used then full FILE* support is available except for  feof() and
ferror().

Seems like you just got very unlucky needing feof. The floating point
compromises could also be a major pain, but the other stuff seems pretty
minor (e.g. what would we expect to get out of a call to system or getenv?)

But it's good to know that "mbed compatible" does not imply "uniform ISO
C support". Please keep us posted on whether the Kinetis board

About the "setting up a GNU toolchain". On Linux this is about as easy
as anything could get,and the mbed project export mechanism dove tails
with these tools beautifully.

-Pete