[TriEmbed] APA102 repair

Alex Davis alexd at matrixwide.com
Thu Jun 23 07:04:14 CDT 2016

I successfully repaired my APA102 matrix. I was able to unsolder an LED
by cutting one off a good strip and running the iron along the backing
until the LED fell off. It wasn't too hard to get the LED soldered on,
and the strip was then fine.

The way these things chain the signal, though, could potentially be a
nightmare if more than one fails. Think old Christmas lights which had
the bulbs in serial and you have to test each one.

--
"The theater of noise is proof of our potential."

You won't find me on Facebook.