[TriEmbed] Chariot 1.1: local startup (Michael Wayne and company) put out new release

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Fri Jul 29 12:15:02 CDT 2016

(I extracted this from an announcement Michael sent out that wouldn't
directly forward to the list.  Pete)

---------------------------- Qualia Networks Press Release -------------

  Announcing Release 1.1 of Chariot

Chariot
<http://qualianetworks.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9d19803c6371a10944038ccae&id=2a2c28663e&e=3fadc351a3>
is a Maker tool for structuring your Arduino experiment as a web-of-things.

Chariot distributes Arduino resources among sketches and other clients
by connecting Arduinos in a wireless mesh. Arduinos then exchange sense
and actuation information as web objects using familiar RESTful
functions (GET, PUT, POST, DELETE).

In addition, we've created a cold-chain sketch that uses the precision
temp sensor on Chariot to establish a cold chain mesh monitoring system.

Another sketch uses the exciting new ESP8266 WiFi UNO to set up a
tracking system. We use Blynk (see blynk.cc) to track temp, location,
accelerometer and magnetometer telemetry provided by Chariot-equipped
Arduino motes and deliver it to a smartphone app.

We have also added an Arduino websocket example that allows Chrome and
Firefox browsers to communicate directly with motes in Chariot
web-of-things experiments.

The Chariot Github
<http://qualianetworks.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9d19803c6371a10944038ccae&id=91fe91edfe&e=3fadc351a3> page
has sketch examples.