[TriEmbed] ping sensor accuracy?

Alex Davis alexd at matrixwide.com
Thu Jul 28 11:22:57 CDT 2016

> Try taking the same sensor and point it at a wall with nothing else in the way and see if your readings improve.  If so, you know it is something about the environment or item you are measuring.  if not, it is something with your sensor or the way you are measuring the pulse width.

I got the occasional spurious reading even when pointing it at a wall indoors. Right now it’s on a boom and pointing down at my creek, on a section with a pool. It’s about 5 ft above the water. I’m using NewPing.h, which is supposed to be the latest and most accurate.

Right now I’m testing how long a 1000 mAh LiPo lasts, so after that I may try with a 6v battery and separate LDO 5v for the sensor, along with a level converter. Only unknown is will my FET be willing to switch 5v with only 3.3v in.