[TriEmbed] Security Camera

Carl Nobile carl.nobile at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 14:36:00 CDT 2016

The new PI camera is supposed to be a lot better than the old one. You may
want to read up on it.

SparkFun has a pan tilt that the PI camera could be mounted on, this would
also need two small servos so you can remotely control where the camera
points. https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10335

This may be over kill for you, but would be an interesting project.

~Carl

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Grawburg via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> We think one of the front desk staff is skimming money and so we want to
> install a camera. I don't want a big one, but it needs to be sharp enough
> to see if they take money and don't put it in the drawer.  I've looked at
> some Raspberry Pi solutions that would write to a small external HD, but
> the camera case was a big outside one. And, I'm also not sure if the Pi
> Camera is sharp enough.   We have a $250 budget.  It does not have to be a
> Pi, but it must be Linux-based, no MAC or Windows.  Any experience out
> there?
>
> Brian Grawburg
> Wilson
>
> --
> [This was sent from a PC running Debian 7, 64-bit Linux. No Microsoft
> products were used.]

Carl J. Nobile (Software Engineer)
carl.nobile at gmail.com