[TriEmbed] anarduino update

Scott Hall scottghall1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 22:16:19 CDT 2016

You may also want to try out the Allwish BC22523 (Arduino NRF24L01+)
modules.  Same specifications and advantages.  Available 10 for $11:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O9O868G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is a quick article on using it to scan the 9.4 GHz band for signals
using an Arduino:
http://microcontrollerelectronics.com/using-an-nrf24l01-module-to-scan-the-2-4ghz-frequency-range/

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Alex Davis via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> I'm trying out some RFM69HW transceiver modules with the Anarduino
> board. So far, it's a nice combo. There an RTC on-board which has the
> alarm pin connected to a hardware interrupt pin, so you can sleep for
> long periods of time (based on the RTC alarm) and not have to use the
> WDT. The RadioHead library works well - use the 'reliable datagram'
> functions, so I know if a packet has been received or not.
>
> I'll be using the Anarduino to measure the following:
> - humidity and temp via an HTU21D
> - stream height via an ultrasonic 'ping' sensor (will be controlling
> power to this via a pfet)
>
> I'm getting about 500' range through the woods using a 163 mm piece of
> wire as an antenna. It's marginal at this range. I think I have enough
> PVC molding left over and enough copper ground buss wire to make a pair
> of 433 Mhz yagis. I can tell the RadioHead library to retry on ack
> failure, but I think it'd be better to fix the signal quality.
>
> I bought a 'LED Flag Light' from Home Depot to try as a power source.
> It's a relatively decent solar cell connected to an 800 ma lithium iron
> phosphate battery. The charging circuit is dumb, just a diode, but the
> on-off portion is easily hackable to you can disable turning off during
> daylight. I have a feeling this is going to need truly direct sunlight,
> which is going to be hard to come by in the woods, but I'll give it a
> shot. If it doesn't work, a good 6v d-cell lantern battery will probably
> provide years of service.
>
> Alex
> --
> "The theater of noise is proof of our potential."
>
> You won't find me on Facebook.

Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA
scottghall1 at gmail.com