[TriEmbed] Hackable Amazon Dash Buttons today $0.99 for Prime

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Wed Jul 13 03:33:05 CDT 2016

Cool ideas. A panic button for my dad to push while he was living with
us would have given us extra warm fuzzies as the cell phone I gave him
was about two steps too complicated in a pinch (consistent battery
charging being the crucial step zero!)

I noticed on one of the hacking blurbs this thing has stm32 and Broadcom
radio chips, apparently running Wiced. With respect to that, this
article about Broadcom selling IOT-related R&D core competency to
Cypress might be of interest to the group:
   http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1330083

But on the subject of the poopy diaper logger in the seminal Dash blog
on the 'Net. What I want to know is whether my daughter would have
developed better if, when I logged every ml of formula she consumed and
every gram of weight gain, I'd used The Cloud instead of a shell script
and Gnuplot?

-Pete