[TriEmbed] Hackable Amazon Dash Buttons today $0.99 for Prime

Jeremy Davis jeremyhwllc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 18:51:38 CDT 2016

The idea of a button that deducts funds and sends packages everytime anyone
touches it is just not desirable to me. However it would be nice if it
would add an entry to my grocery list or Google spreadsheet instead.

A two day mailing period offers a lot of time for multiple family members
to push the button, which results in way too many things showing up and
lots of effort to prevent others from touching the buttons. Glad the
marketers invested in creating the technology though.

I think this should be a presentation topic in the next few months once
everyone has a chance to hack on them.

Jeremy Davis

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016, Robert Gasiorowski via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> Nice! Thanks for letting us know, ordered a bunch.
>
> I think my first hacked button will be Panic Button for our home. The
> second will be Where in the World is my iPhone Button (for my wife.)
>
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Shane Trent via TriEmbed <
> triembed at triembed.org
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','triembed at triembed.org');>> wrote:
>
>> Amazon Dash Buttons are $0.99 today for Prime members and include a $4.99
>> credit with first use. But the cool think is they are hackable wifi buttons
>> that even come with a battery!
>>

>> https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_hi_3?rh=n%3A133140011%2Cn%3A%21133141011%2Cn%3A2102313011%2Cn%3A10667898011&ie=UTF8&qid=1468334990&lo=digital-text
>>
>> Shane

Jeremy Davis