[TriEmbed] Raspberry Pi 3: now with WiFi, Bluetooth, and BLE

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Mon Feb 29 16:16:42 CST 2016

I totally agree about using "16.04" and 64 bit ARM SBCs. This combo
simply cannot be fully baked.

But at this point my (much older, 32 bit) C1 has been the house
fileserver for over a year without any problems of any kind. It went
seven months running Ubuntu 14.04  between reboots (I was forced to muck
with the UPS a few months back). I'm adding a couple of cameras to it
and it will pull the strings on a lighting controller before too long.

Newark has 2452 Raspberry Pi Model 3 boards coming on Friday, and after
that they expect more on April 11th. I don't know if these 2452 are the
boards they're talking to me about or for the region, the whole country,
etc.

The question is how many orders are chasing those boards. This time four
years ago it was about 100000 orders chasing 10000 boards for the entire
world (Newark and its parent constituted the single source).

(I'm not ordering any yet, for no reason except that every waking minute
is already fully booked.)

-Pete